Career & savings planning for Section 8 tenants

Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) | NYC Housing Preservation & Development/NYC Housing Authority

Family Services Caregiver

People who live in Section 8 housing can get help with their case, education, and finding a job. The Family Self-Sufficiency Program (FSS) also helps people save money once they start earning more.

Am I Eligible?

Available to tenants receiving Section 8 issued by NYC Housing Preservation & Development (HPD).

I'm Ready To Apply

You can start the enrollment process by doing one of the following:

How Can I Get Help?

Other Family Services Programs

Home visits for pregnant women and girls

NYC Nurse-Family Partnership (NYC NFP)

NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Nurses provide support and give medical care and advice to women who are pregnant for the first time.

Home visits for new moms

Newborn Home Visiting Program (NHVP)

NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

New moms can get home visits from health professionals to help with breastfeeding, health and safety tips, and connections to community resources.

Sleeping safe & cribs for babies

Safe Sleep Initiative

NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene/NYC Administration for Children's Services

Families can get information on creating a safe sleep environment for their baby and may qualify for a free crib.