In free, full-day, high-quality Pre-K, teachers are sparking wonder and igniting learning in our children. Pre-K for All gives children stronger math and reading skills in elementary school and a better chance at success in life. Studies show that early childhood education improves performance throughout a child’s school experience.
- Applications for the 2017 – 2018 school year open January 17, 2017
- Requires proof of address and child’s age
- Apply online, by phone, or in person
- Available for students with disabilities and students learning English
Am I Eligible?
All New York City families with a child born in 2013 can apply to Pre-K for All starting on January 17, 2017.
What Will I Need to Apply?
After you find out which Pre-K program your child can go to, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Proof of child’s age
- Child’s immunization records
- Proof of address with two documents
I'm Ready to Apply
- Use Pre-K Finder to research programs and find new choices before completing your application.
- Type in your address to see programs near you.
- Download and fill in the application for the programs of your choice.
- Submit your application online or bring your completed application to a Family Welcome Center.