What will I need to apply?
To file you will need to provide proof for the following:
- Your identity: such as a government-issued ID, including IDNYC.
- Proof of income: Forms W-2, 1099s, or income and expense records if you are self-employed.
- Your bank account and routing number, if you want your refund by direct deposit.
- Health insurance coverage: Form 1095-A/B/C or and exemption.
- Child care expenses, if applicable.
Depending on your situation, you may also receive other documents such as interest on student loans (Form 1098-T) or Social Security benefits (Form SSA-1099). Be sure to have these forms available when you file you can get the maximum refund.