The New York City Department of Design and Construction (DDC), in partnership with the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development (NYC DYCD), is offering a paid summer internship for 40 talented NYC high school students to work full-time at DDC. The High School Summer Internship Program is designed for students interested in careers in architecture, engineering, building trades, public administration, business administration, or information technology.
- Program type: Internship
- Cost: Free to apply and the internship is paid
- Who: High school students 16 and older who live in NYC, are eligible to work in the US, and can commit to the whole internship time
- When: 9am – 4pm, Monday – Friday from July 8 to August 16
- Where: NYC Department of Design & Construction, 30-30 Thomson Ave, Long Island City, NY 11101
- Website: nyc.gov
How to Apply
Due March 4, the application includes a DDC online application, a Ladders for Leaders or Summer Youth Employment Application, and a school transcript in some cases. Follow the steps below to apply.
Fill out the online application, including your resume and, if your grade point average (GPA) is below 3.00, a school transcript. Save these documents in this format:
- YOUR FIRST NAME_YOUR LAST NAME_TYPE OF DOCUMENT_2019
After the Ladders for Leaders deadline, all applicants should fill out a SYEP application. Call NYC Youth Connect at 800-246-4646 for questions about this step.
If selected, you will get an email asking you to schedule an interview on Friday, March 22 or Friday, March 29.