With the Fresh Air Fund’s Friendly Towns program, NYC children visit volunteer host families who live in rural, suburban, and small-town communities along the East Coast and Southern Canada. Participants enjoy outdoor summer experiences and can take part in year-round leadership and educational programs.
- Cost: Free
- Who: New applicants 7 – 13 years old and returning applicants up to 18 years old who:
- Live and go to school in NYC
- Meet income guidelines or are in foster care or temporary/transitional housing
- When: Multiple dates, July – August
- Where: Towns along the East Coast and Southern Canada
- Website: freshair.org
How to Apply
The program accepts applications until all spots are filled, but it’s recommended that you apply by April 30. Fill out the online application. The application includes guidelines and detailed eligible requirements.
If you have any questions, call the Fresh Air Fund at 800-367-0003.