Your child can get free child care through EarlyLearn NYC. EarlyLearn gives your child a safe and clean place to stay during the day, with games and education, preparing your child for Pre-K. Children in EarlyLearn get healthy meals and snacks and can stay for up to 10 hours each day.
- If you are receiving Cash Assistance and in an HRA-approved work, education, or training activity you are probably eligible
- Services are available for children with special needs
- Child care options are also available through the EarlyLearn Head Start program (for three and four year olds) and private programs
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible, you should be able to answer yes to these questions:
- Is your child between six weeks and four years old?
- Are you working or attending an approved training or educational program for 20 hours or more per week?
- Is your family already receiving services from either ACS or the NYC Human Resources Administration (HRA)?
There are also income guidelines your family must meet to be eligible. With a few questions, we can help you find out if you may be eligible.
What Will I Need to Apply?
To apply for EarlyLearn NYC Child Care, you will need to prove the following:
- Where you live: such as a driver’s license, IDNYC, or utility bill
- Your income (reason for care documents):
- If employed: pay stubs and/or CS 1069
- If self-employed: current income tax documents, notarized statement/accountant statement
- If attending educational or vocational training: ACD 1082
- If receiving SSI, Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment Benefits, etc.: proof of income documentation
- Your citizenship or immigration status: US birth certificate (for children under 18 who live with you), Registration Card (if the child was not born in the US)
I'm Ready To Apply
- Use the EarlyLearn NYC program finder and choose a provider.
- Download the application, visit the program of your choice to pick one up, or call 311 and request one be mailed to you.
- Complete the application and submit it with required the documents to the EarlyLearn NYC Child Care program site of your choice.
- If your child is approved for a seat in an EarlyLearn NYC center, ACS and the program will contact you about when your child can start attending. If your child is eligible, but the program has no vacancies, you may be placed on a waiting list.
- If you are receiving benefits from the Human Resources Administration (HRA) and would like to enroll in an EarlyLearn NYC program, visit your assigned Job Center.