What will I need to apply?
To be found eligible for SNAP you will need to prove the following:
- Your identity: such as a photo ID, driver’s license, passport, naturalization certificate, or hospital records.
- Where you live: such as a statement from your landlord, current rent receipt, lease, or mortgage records.
- Your income (if any): such as a recent pay stub, business records, current tax return, or an Unemployment Insurance Benefit statement.
- Citizenship or immigration status: such as your birth certificate, U.S. passport, or military service records.
- Receiving SNAP will not affect your immigration case or lead to deportation.
See the SNAP document guide to see what else you can use as proof.
I'm ready to apply
There are a number of ways you can apply for SNAP: