First-time parents can get their own personal nurse at no cost. Your nurse can answer your questions and provide valuable guidance and support for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
- With NYC NFP, you will meet with your nurse regularly to talk about pregnancy, parenting, your child’s health and development, and whatever else is on your mind as a first-time parent.
- Your nurse will help you:
- Know what to expect during pregnancy and childbirth
- Learn how to take care of your baby (feeding, bathing, safe sleep, and more)
- Understand how babies learn and grow
- Give your baby the best possible start in life
- Your nurse can also:
- Support your personal goals (like education and employment)
- Connect you with other resources and services, like health insurance, mental health care, child care, and educational programs
- You can sign up for NYC NFP as early in your pregnancy as you want but no later than your 28th week.
- You can get NYC NFP services regardless of your immigration status.
Who is eligible
You’re eligible for NYC NFP if you can answer ‘yes‘ to the below questions:
- Are you 28 weeks pregnant or less with your first baby?
- Do you live in New York City?
- Are you eligible or believe you may be eligible for Medicaid, WIC, SNAP (food stamps) or Public Assistance?
This program is available to all eligible parents, regardless of age, immigration status, or gender identity.
How to apply
First-time parents can apply to the program and get a personal nurse by calling NYC NFP at 347-396-4200 or emailing email@example.com.
Service providers can refer patients or clients to NYC NFP by filling out the referral form and faxing it to 347-396-4360 or by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to get help
If you’re a first-time parent interested in having your own personal nurse, you can: