CUNY students seeking an associate degree can get a strong start to college with affordable courses that help them meet CUNY’s required scores in English and math.
Spring 2022 CUNY Start and Math Start classes will be offered online, hybrid and in-person.
- The cost is $75 for semester-long programs and $35 for shorter cycles, including materials.
- Students can choose between full-time and part-time schedules.
- A second program option, Math Start, helps students develop math skills in shorter 8-10 week cycles, or an intensive summer program.
Check out the Spring 2022 Math Start programs information.
CUNY Start and Math Start are recognized for their outstanding outcomes. After completing the full-time program, CUNY Start students are three times as likely to achieve proficiency in English and math as compared to their non-CUNY Start peers. Over 80% of the students who completed Math Start met CUNY’s proficiency milestone and are getting a Strong Start in college.
Who is eligible
You might be eligible for CUNY Start/Math Start if you can answer yes to these questions:
- Have you earned a high school or high school equivalency diploma?
- Have you completed all CUNY admissions requirements and accepted your offer to CUNY?
- Could you benefit from extra support in English and/or math based on your proficiency index scores?
- Are you able to commit to the program’s academic schedule and its unique, student-centered instructional approach?
Specific colleges may have other eligibility criteria. Contact the CUNY Start program at your campus for more information.
How to get help
Contact CUNY Start at your campus today:
Get more information on the CUNY Start website.