In free, full-day, high-quality Pre-K, teachers spark wonder and ignite learning in children. Pre-K for All gives children stronger math and reading skills in elementary school and a better chance at success in life. Studies show that early childhood education improves performance throughout a child’s school experience.
- Applications for the 2020-2021 school year are open.
- Apply online or by phone.
- Available for students with disabilities and students learning English.
- Requires proof of address and child’s age.
Am I eligible?
All New York City families with a child born in 2016 can apply to Pre-K for All starting February 5, 2020.
What will I need to apply?
After you find out which Pre-K program your child can go to, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Proof of child’s age
- Child’s immunization records
- Proof of address with two documents
I'm ready to apply
Pre-K applications for the 2020-2021 school year are open:
- Apply online.
- Apply over the phone by calling 718-935-2067 (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m – 3 p.m, except holidays).
How can I get help?
To help stop the spread of coronavirus, Family Welcome Center buildings are temporarily closed, but staff members are working remotely to support families. You can email your questions about enrollment, offer information, waitlists, and more to:
Staff are aiming to respond to all email requests within 48 hours by email.