If you have concerns about your child’s development, the Early Intervention Program (EIP) can help. EIP supports families with children ages birth to three who have disabilities or developmental delays. Professionals work with families to create a service plan that meets their needs. The program is free and is available to all New York families regardless of income or immigration status.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for EIP your child must:
- Live in NYC
- Be three years old or younger
- Have a diagnosed physical or mental condition that is likely to result in a developmental delay; or are suspected of having a developmental delay or disability
- Be evaluated – program staff will help you choose an evaluating agency
I'm Ready To Apply
Anyone can refer a child up to age three for EIP. To refer a child, you can:
- Call 311 and say that you want to refer a child to EIP
- Fill out a referral form and fax it to your EIP regional office (listed on the form)
How Can I Get Help?
- Call 311 and ask for information on the Early Intervention Program
- Visit the Early Intervention program website for more information
- Text EI to 877877 to sign up for Text to Families