Survivors of sexual violence, human trafficking, stalking, and intimate partner and family violence can get free and confidential services at NYC FJCs, including:
- Counseling for adults and children, and mental health services for adults
- Help with safety planning, housing, shelter, and other needs
- Legal help with orders of protection, custody, visitation, divorce, immigration, and housing matters
- Help filing police reports
- Financial services, job training, and education program referrals
- Call the NYC Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Hotline at 800-621-4673 (HOPE), TTY: 866-604-5350 (if you are hearing impaired), or call 311 and ask for the hotline
- Call 911 if you are in danger and need immediate help
- You don't need to make an appointment to visit any NYC Family Justice Center
- Services are free, confidential, and most are available at one location
- Staff speak more than 30 languages and interpreters are available at every FJC
- Child care for ages three and up is available while you are receiving services on-site
Am I eligible?
Services are free and confidential. People of any ages, income, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or language spoken are welcome.
How can I get help?
Bronx: 198 East 161st St, 2nd Floor, Bronx, NY
Brooklyn: 350 Jay St, 15th Floor, Brooklyn, NY
Manhattan: 80 Centre St, 5th Floor, New York, NY
Queens: 126-02 82nd Ave, Kew Gardens, NY
Staten Island: 126 Stuyvesant Pl, Staten Island, NY