Train & Earn is a short-term career pathway program for low-income youth, who are not working and not in school. Train & Earn helps youth improve their job skills and find permanent work. It also provides High School Equivalency (HSE) prep and support services.
Youth receive up to 12 months of follow-up services after finishing the program.
- Available for youth 16 - 24 years old, who are not working and not in school
- College placement, HSE prep, and support services are also available
- Enroll at different times throughout the year
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for Train & Earn, you should be able to answer ‘yes’ to these questions:
- Are you a resident of NYC?
- Are you 16 – 24 years old?
- Are you not attending school and not working?
- Do you meet one of these requirements:
- You are a homeless or runaway youth
- You are a foster care youth or have aged out of foster care system
- You are in involved in the justice system
- You are a youth with a disability
- You are pregnant or a parent
- You are low-income and need additional help to enter or complete an education program or to get or hold a job
If you have additional questions about eligibility, call DYCD Youth Connect at 800-246-4646.
I'm Ready To Apply
You can use Discover DYCD to find programs in your area. To get started:
- Go to the Discover DYCD website.
- Type “Train & Earn” into the “Keyword Search” box
- Find programs in your area by entering your zip code, neighborhood, or borough, and clicking “Search”
How Can I Get Help?
- Call DYCD Youth Connect at 800-246-4646 if you have questions about this program.
- Visit the DYCD website for more information.