What you need to apply
You will not need to submit any documents to apply for kindergarten.
After you get an offer letter, make an appointment at the school and bring these documents:
- Proof of your child’s age (birth certificate, passport, or record of baptism)
- Two proof-of-address documents (such as a lease, utility bill, or government-issued ID including IDNYC)
- Immunization records (if available)
- Your child’s latest report card (if available)
Check the Pre-Registration Checklist to see what documents you can use.
How to apply
The kindergarten application for the 2021- 2022 school year is now open!
If your child is born in 2017, be sure to apply by January 21, 2022 in one of three ways:
- Online through MySchools
- Create your account
- Search for elementary schools
- Apply for kindergarten
Watch video tutorials to learn how to create your MySchools account and how to apply.
- Over the phone by calling 718-935-2009.
- Hours of operations: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m and 6 p.m.
- By email or in-person at a Family Welcome Center.
Students coming from kindergarten to first grade do not need to reapply for elementary school. They will be automatically enrolled in their elementary school.
Most students who need to enroll at a new school in grades 1-5 or need a placement during the year should register at their zoned school. Learn more on the New Students page.