Cornerstone Programs offer NYCHA residents opportunities for fun, learning, and support. Programs for youth and adults include:
- General Education Diploma (GED) and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes
- College prep
- Project-based learning
- Workforce development
- Family relationship workshops
- Recreational activities
- Tenant education and advocacy
Programs are located at 94 NYCHA Community Centers throughout the five boroughs.
- Programs are free and available to young people and adults
- Enrollment for summer programs is every April
- Enrollment for school-year programs for elementary-age youth is between August and September
Am I eligible?
Cornerstone Programs are available to NYCHA residents who are Kindergarten-age or older.
I'm ready to apply
You can use Discover DYCD to find programs in your area and apply. To get started:
- Go to the Discover DYCD website
- Type “Cornerstone” into the “Keyword Search” box
- Find programs in your area by entering your zip code, neighborhood, or borough, and clicking “Search”