Cornerstone Programs offer NYCHA residents opportunities for fun, learning, and support. Programs for youth and adults include:
- General Education Diploma (GED) and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes
- High School and College prep
- Project-based learning
- Workforce development and referrals
- Family relationship workshops
- Cultural and recreational activities
- Healthy living workshops
- Parenting skills
- Computer access and training
- Tenant education and advocacy
Programs are located at 99 NYCHA Community Centers throughout the five boroughs.
Other Enrichment Programs
NYC Recreation Center Membership
New York City Department of Parks and Recreation
Join an NYC recreation center by December 31st, 2021 for a free one-year membership and gain access to centers across the five boroughs.
NYC Youth Leadership Councils (YLC)
Youth take action with YLCs in their communities by shaping policy, practice, and advocacy towards citywide change.
Comprehensive After School System of NYC (COMPASS NYC)
NYC Department of Youth & Community Development
COMPASS NYC has hundreds of programs for young people in kindergarten through 12th grade.
Updated October 18, 2021